SHOKing the Finnish innovation landscape
- The Strategic Centres for Science, Technology and Innovation (SHOKs) are the Finnish answer in tackling the grand challenges of our times. Settled up in six different areas these public-private partnerships bring together excellent research and industrial needs and explore the possibilities of a structural change needed not only in Finnish economy but allover in Europe.
- A follow-up event of a launching seminar organized in Spring 2009 was held on April 5th in Brussels. The event provided some preliminary results on the first two years of existence of the centers. The event also gave an opportunity to discuss the themes and instruments needed at the EU level to enable a fruitful public-private research and innovation co-operation in the future programmes.
- Here you can find the presentations of the speakers.
- You can read the press release of the event from here (only in Finnish).
- Copyright for all the pictures of the event: Finnish Liaison Office for EU R&D, Eerikki Vainio